AUTOMATION AND CONTROLS ENGINEER
REGISTER YOUR CV
We are working with one of our International Oil and Gas Operating Clients, they are headquartered in Houston.
We are recruiting for an Automation and Controls Engineer to join our Client in their head offices.
Interested candidates MUST be eligible to work in the USA.
Assists, supports and is aligned with the Client Midstream Automation Team in control system development, programming, data transfer and design execution of various disciplines including Logic Solvers, Instrumentation, Measurement and mentorship of individuals across the Client Midstream enterprise.
These services will include, but are not limited to, adhering to established designs of instrument and electrical control systems and installations, asset support of green field systems, project development, project design, cost estimating, project execution within established processes, craft training, and assisting the Automation Manager with establishing best practices, standards and provide automation constancy based on existing infrastructure.
- Coordinates programming that reduce development time and provides repeatable and scalable methodology across all automation platforms.
- Assists in control system work assignments and the scheduling, organization, and implementation of Automation system projects assigned to the group and performs assessments of work in progress. Interprets, organizes, executes and coordinates assignments and ensures that applicable control system goals and deadlines are met.
- Provides reviews of various project deliverables to ensure that projects met expectations from an operational, technical, safety and economic perspective.
- Reviews cost estimates for automation systems along with contingency and risk analysis. Assists with overseeing automation related estimates and front-end loading for projects assigned to the group. These projects may include upgrade or installation of facility process control systems, field equipment, SCADA and control systems (Brown and Green Field expansion), plant expansion and Midstream enterprise improvement & growth.
- Reviews project cost reconciliation and project performance reports and integrates findings into the project process as part of the continuous improvement objectives for the group.
- Reviews and assists with project objectives, control parameters and metrics. Ensures and witnesses that the Software Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) functionally tests the logic solver and associated software as one cohesive system and ensures that the Automation system that is designed, developed and engineered for the COMPANY meets the requirements as defined within the Control Documents.
- Reviews equipment specification and may assist with the assessment of feasibility and soundness of proposed tests/products/equipment. Provides technical supervision so as to assure the work is performed within the framework of applicable professional standards, design control procedures and guidelines. Ensures data mapping of interconnected logic solver equipment and all third-party interconnects are correctly documented and functionally accurate.
- Acts as technical staff resource in the handling of capital and operational projects. Personally, participates in solving particularly difficult technical problems. Performs complex assignments which may require development of new or improved products/processes/techniques. Provides expert resolution of issues and monitors integration of work.
- Interfaces with multiple clients/ customers (e.g. Commercial, Engineering, Operations, Technical Staff at field level, etc) as well as outside providers.
- Provides automation execution feedback and assist with training and development for operations and major projects groups.
- Supports operations by ensuring that the transfer of the automation system from Major Projects to Operations is seamless.
- Supports operations by responding to critical needs as related to the automation system.
- Mentors new Automation Specialists and Engineers to the group.
- Control Systems
- Cost Estimating
- Risk Analysis
- Design Control
- Electrical Control
- Project Development
- Data Mapping
- Process Control
- Front End
- System Development
If you are interested in this vacancy register your interest here.