Construction Supervisor III
REGISTER YOUR CV
We are working with one of our International Petrochemical Clients, they are headquartered in Houston, Texas.
We are recruiting for a Construction Supervisor III, to be based in our Client’s Houston Channelview offices
Interested candidates MUST be eligible to work in the USA.
Supervises and coordinates, administers and follows construction projects issued by engineering. Oversees and schedules contractors, plant production and maintenance. Ensure that plant safety requirements are followed.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: include the following, other duties may be assigned.
- Is a leader in Safety Ensure contractors have an approved safety program before beginning work in the field.
- Monitor contractors to ensure compliance with that safety program.
- Ensure safety audits are periodically done and action items closed.
- Collect and report safety statistics to construction manager.
- Ensure contractor an approved quality plan and resources before beginning work in the field.
- Monitor contractor to ensure compliance with that quality plan.
- Ensure contractor responds to quality issues and action items.
- Supervises in-house, lump sum and subcontractors to achieve project requirements.
- Administer all contractor activities from contract kick-off meetings to completion associated with assigned project and coordinate these with Engineering, Production, Maintenance, Safety, Purchasing, Material Control and Contract Administration.
- Participate in all constructability reviews from Phase 2 through 4 and ensure proper owners, contractors and stake holders are involved.
- Maintain Constructability logs for each project.
- Participate in developing construction strategy.
- Participate in IFA reviews.
- Participate in estimate reviews.
- Ensure contractor reviews phase 3 (AFC) estimate and feedback is given to engineering and PM.
- Ensure contractors review IFA drawings and comments are forwarded to PM.
- Conduct construction kick off meeting.
- Responsible for receiving and resolving RFIs and NCRs.
- Direct daily weekly and monthly construction meetings.
- Responsible for issuing daily construction summary report to the construction manager.
- Review contractor program and performance against approved budget and schedule and forward the information to the construction manager and Project Manager.
- Ensure as-built drawings are prepared by contractor and included with completion documentation. Identify and coordinate plant resources that are required to support construction (I/E technicians, millwrights, etc.).
- Review and approve daily time sheets.
- Directs construction facility issues such as office space, trailers, power, communications, etc.
- Review and obtain approval for contractor gate passes for movement of contractor materials and equipment.
- Monitor and ensure contractor’s material management plan is implemented.
- Facilitate mechanical completion and Care Custody and Turnover to owner process.
- Supervise a group of construction workers.
Ability to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Knowledge of various assigned disciplines including project construction, material management, cost control and procurement practices.
Ability to demonstrate competency in the Application of Best Practice Construction Principles.
Knowledge with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices and procedures.
- Ability to demonstrate leadership capability and above average communication skills.
- Ability to solve problems and make decisions at a task force level.
- Ability to demonstrate planning and organizational talent.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Knowledge of algebra and basic trigonometry.
- Ability to rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Proficiency in utilizing manual drafting techniques. Working knowledge in CADD equipment.
- Degree in Engineering, Architecture or Construction Management from an accredited school.
- Professional Engineering Registration preferred.
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience in construction and maintenance within assignment field is required.
- Managed Construction projects between $50 MM to $200 MM.
- A background in the erection of Sphere Storage Tanks would be preferred
NOTE: The above major outgoing responsibilities describe only the essential job functions and are not intended to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities. All job functions must be performed in accordance with Client Corporate policies and procedures.
If you are interested in this vacancy register your interest here.