Our client is a Global Operating Company, head quartered in Houston, they are recruiting for a Contracts Negotiator to join their team in the head office.
Interested Candidates MUST be eligible to work in the USA.
- Supports Company’s international, domestic, and/or midstream businesses operations.
- Possesses expert knowledge of Oil & Gas Industry and possesses specialized knowledge (e.g., pipeline construction, onshore rigs, offshore rigs) in order to deliver complex contracting requirements to the business.
- Directs and leads negotiations with complex contracts.
- Provides routine and more complex contractual advice to business team members.
- Provides guidance to Supply Chain Management staff regarding contractual matters.
- Maintains current knowledge of domestic and international laws, political environments, cultures and regulations.
- Acts as a Contracts’ lead on major projects and initiatives.
- Supports the business' strategic contractual requirements.
- Coordinates with various departments in the Company, including but not limited to, Legal, Compliance, Trade, Risk Management, Tax, Finance, Accounting, Treasury, EHSR, Major Projects, Drilling, Engineering, and Procurement, to ensure that all contracts represent the Company's financial and risk profile tolerances.
- Analyzes contracts, laws and regulations that govern or impact oil and gas exploration, development, production and transportation activities to ensure that the businesses incorporate these insights into contracts and contracting strategies.
- Prepares, reviews, analyzes, modifies, negotiates, executes, and administers supply chain/procurement related contracts (e.g., Confidentiality Agreements; Master Agreement for Goods & Services; service agreements, including but not limited, Master Service Agreement, Consulting Agreement, Flight Services Agreement; Preliminary Design and FEED agreements; geophysical agreements; seismic agreements; fabrication agreements; transportation agreements; equipment lease agreements; offshore rig contracts; and onshore rig contracts).
- Facilitates contract compliance by ensuring proper communication of requirements.
- Exhibits a customer service focus that enables internal customers to succeed in a manner that meets the Company's risk profile and protects its interest.
- Knowledge of indemnity structures.
- Knowledge of English and Texas law preferred.
- Knowledge of Anti-Indemnity statutes (TOAIA, Texas Insurance Code regarding construction, Motor Carrier Anti-Indemnity Statute).
- Knowledge of U.C.C., Article 2, Sale of Goods, preferred.
- Strong general business and contract writing experience.
- Experience negotiating terms and conditions, and incentives for contracts with the ability to anticipate, identify, and resolve complex contractual issues.
- Conducts research to provide input towards more complex solutions/alternatives to meet internal customer requirements.
- Technical background a plus
- Bachelor’s degree and at least five (5) years of contract negotiations’ experience
- Juris Doctor preferred
- Ability to read, analyze and understand contracts
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Detail oriented with ability to organize and prioritize work
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Proficient computer skills, including MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Access and Adobe
- Knowledge of FileNET and Oracle Contracts’ Module preferred
ACCOUNTING / CONTRACT NEGOTIATIONS / CONTRACTS / CUSTOMER SERVICE / DETAIL ORIENTED
EXCEL/ EXCELLENT COMMUNICATION SKILLS / EXPLORATION / FABRICATION / FILENET / FINANCE / GENERAL BUSINES / GEOPHYSICAL / JURIS DOCTOR / LEASE AGREEMENTS / MS ACCESS / MS EXCEL / MS POWER POINT / MS WORD / OFFSHORE RIG / ORACLE / PIPELINE / CONSTRUCTION / PROCUREMENT / RISK MANAGEMENT / SEISMIC / SUPPLY CHAIN/
If you are interested in this vacancy register your interest here.