We are working with one of our International Oil and Gas Operating Clients, they are headquartered in Houston.
We are recruiting for a Cost Control Specialist, to join our Client’s Capital Projects Department in their head office in Houston, Texas.
Interested candidates MUST be eligible to work in the USA.
The primary responsibility of the Cost Control Specialist is to work with the Project Services Team(s) working on capital projects. The CCS is responsible for working within an effective organization to ensure prompt and professional services support throughout all phases of a project. The Project Services Team is responsible for developing and maintaining project schedules, cost controls, cost forecasts, invoice management, and information management on projects critical to Noble's continued growth and success.
The CCS is responsible for planning/scheduling, cost engineering, change control, project performance analysis and cost estimating activities. The CCS works on project control activities, develops, interprets, and executes policy, objectives, and standards applicable to cost and schedule control and analysis activities. The CCS will have excellent presentation and communication skills and look to build relationships within the Project Team and across disciplines within the BU and the company at large. The CCS will provide guidance on routine/non-routine cost engineering/planning and scheduling activities and support project organizational, reporting and administrative activities.
Cost control and estimating activities for the Permian Basin Midstream Capital Program.
- AFE Estimating and Preparation
- Import and QAQC Actual Expenditures from Accounting System
- Forecast Preparation / Variance Analysis
- Update Cost System (Prism) with VOWD and Estimates to Complete
- Create and Publish Cost Reports
- Process Change Orders
- Manage Change Registers
Business Systems Operations
- Proficiency in Prism Cost Management system preferred
- Advanced user of MS Office suite of software, particularly Excel
- Proficiency in Oracle EBS preferred
- Take day to day direction from Permian Basin Program Estimating and Cost Controls Lead
- Regular interface with Permian Basin Program Planning and Scheduling department
- Regular interface with the Program Discipline Leads
- Responsible for set-up and execution of project controls procedures and work processes.
- Develop, interpret, and execute policy, objectives, and standards applicable to cost and schedule control and analysis activities in accordance with the overall Project Services Group.
- Responsible for the quality and approval of all internal / external project controls procedures, project schedules, cost reports and weekly/monthly reports.
- Coordinate with Financial functions to ensure implemented processes conform to internal control evaluation requirements.
- Planning & Scheduling development and use of the integrated project schedule, assessing schedule risk, analyzing contractor schedules and detailed tasks, as well as developing and reporting of physical progress.
- Oversees the Document Management Team(s) on the project including document control, final documentation and contractor coordination.
- Collaborate with the Supply Chain Management(s) effort to ensure project needs are reflected in the contracting & procurement strategies.
- Oversees with the Risk Management team(s) during project execution to implement risk management processes.
- Ensure that project cost exposures and overrun risks are identified in a timely manner to allow informed mitigation decisions and actions.
- Develop and report KPI' s to Project Managers and the Project Director.
- Advise Project Managers and the Project Director of deviations and potential problems and recommend corrective actions.
- Coordinate project reporting to Noble Energy Management & Partners.
- Ensure Noble Energy guidelines and processes are implemented within the projects.
- Conduct personnel performance reviews and career counseling.
- Support discipline and functional groups in interviewing candidates for employment and make recommendations for employment decisions.
- Maintain liaison with discipline and functional management to coordinate workload, staffing plans, work processes, and procedures.
PMP / Procurement / Scheduling / Supply Chain / Supply Chain Management / Accounting / Amazon Elastic Block Storage / Change Control / Change Orders / Cost Estimating / Cost Management / Document Management / EBS / Energy Management / Excel / Finance / General Business / Liaison / Microsoft Office / Mitigation / Operations / Oracle / Performance Analysis / Risk Management / Staffing / Team Player / Trading / Variance Analysis / Forecasts / Invoice / Organizational Skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree (construction technology, engineering, finance, or general business preferred)
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in Cost Control and Estimating in the upstream or midstream oil and gas industries
- PMP Designation preferred
- Good organizational skills
- Good communication skills
- Team player
If you are interested in this vacancy register your interest here.