We are recruiting for an experienced Deck Foreman to work with one of our International Oil and Gas Operating Clients, they are headquartered in Houston.
Interested Candidates MUST be eligible to work in the USA.
The initial assignment will be an onshore 14/14 rotation, USA based, relocating to an international offshore 28/28 rotation.
To oversee all activities taking place on the deck as well as the helideck at the offshore facility; supervise loading and offloading activities in accordance with Client approved operating procedures, guideline, legislative requirements and industry best practice
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACTIVITIES:
- Contribute to maintaining a strong safety culture within Client operations
- Execute safe work processes and comply with relevant health, safety (occupational & process) and environmental excellence procedures and controls within area of responsibility to guarantee employee safety, legislative compliance and a responsible environmental attitude.
- Participate as part of the Platform Emergency Response Contingency Plan as per duty roster
- Provide daily reports to Supervisor on health, safety and environmental issues related to area of work; take corrective action wherever necessary
- Optimize production and uptime by overseeing the safe offloading and loading of materials as well as the safe transfer of personnel on and off supply vessels
- Collaborate with Material Clerk on the supply and level of materials needed to cope with lead time requirements
- Supervise internal transportation of material
- Record shipping / good movements using client approved documentation and with approved procedures and guidelines
- Initiate regular clearing and cleaning activities
- Complete preventative maintenance work specified by Deck Supervisor
- Guide and support to junior staff in the execution of their responsibilities in line with client’s Competency Assurance Program (CAP) and Training Matrix
- Undertake regular on-the-job training to ensure transfer of knowledge
- Uphold and role-model client’s values and leadership behaviours
- Actively participate in daily communication and coordination between off-and onshore businesses pertaining to key business matters
- Participate in the companies Competency Assurance Program (CAP) and Training Matrix and help create a learning environment
- Proactively take responsibility for self-progression by keeping abreast with latest developments, knowledge and innovations in relevant field of expertise
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Through knowledge of marine loading, offloading and lifting
- High school diploma, college technical certificate or higher
- Driver Certificate (A certificate) issued by a recognized education institution
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in the petrochemical, refining, oil / gas exploration and/or production industries in a similar role
- Experience working with materials and crane operators
If you are interested in this vacancy register your interest here.