We are working with one of our International Oil and Gas Operating Clients, they are headquartered in Houston.
We are looking for a professional Instructional Designer to be a partner in the design and develop technical and safety related training materials.
This individual will be responsible for developing adult learning resources that enable learners to acquire the appropriate knowledge and skills.
This role is based in Greeley, CO, and serves our Client across US onshore.
Interested candidates MUST be eligible to work in the USA.
- Primarily responsible for creating engaging learning programs and resources for adult learning
- Partners with subject matter experts (SMEs) to identify training objectives and drives the development of training to satisfies these objectives
- partner in the analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation of technical and safety training programs for our Client’s onshore work.
- Develops resources to support operations through: instructor-led training, computer-based training (CBT), procedure review and development, training artefacts, and as well as self-led training materials for technical, safety, compliance, awareness, and/or other communication activities
- Designs exercises, activities, and scenarios that enhance the learning process
- Creates supporting materials/media to aid in adult learning (CBT, video, simulations, graphics, etc.)
- Conducts instructional research and analysis on learners and contexts
- Utilizes surveys, or other methodologies, to evaluate the effectiveness of training materials and events
- This role necessitates approximately 5% travel outside of Colorado
- Demonstrated ability developing adult instructional resources, including: instructor-led course content, instructor and student guides, workbooks, active learning content and exercises, video products, online content (computer-based training), and other relevant technical and safety resources
- Demonstrated ability to apply learning theory, adult learning principles, active learning, and instructional design
- Experience performing needs assessment
- Ability to write clean and concise instructional content and CBT/video scripts
- Demonstrated Graphic design capability, including: creating graphics in PowerPoint and Illustrator in support of visualizing instructional content for adult learners
- Proficiency in Word, PowerPoint, and Articulate Storyline (or similar)
- Bachelor degree in instructional design or educational technology; master’s degree preferred
- Certificate in Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, or related field preferred
- Oil and gas or similar industry experience preferred
Articulate / CBT / Graphic Design / Illustrator / Instructional Design
BENEFICIAL ADDITIONAL SKILLS:
Instructor / Needs Assessment / Training / Word / Illustration / Machine Safety / Microsoft PowerPoint, Word / Operations / Safety Training / Simulations / Training Objectives / Training Programs
If you are interested in this vacancy register your interest here.