We are working with one of our International Oil and Gas Operating Clients, they are headquartered in Houston.
We are recruiting for A Measurement Specialist to join our Client in their head offices.
Interested candidates MUST be eligible to work in the USA.
Responsible for the coordination of measurement processing services and the analysis and validation of measurement data. Ensures that measurement data is collected, processed, calculated and retained according to company procedures, industry standards, governmental regulations and contractual requirements. Trouble shoots data flow from field devices to measurement editing database (FlowCal version 8.10); coordinates and responds to the internal and external customer measurement requests; continually improves and maintains measurement processes and associated software systems to efficiently meet the E&P business needs. The role will require daily interaction with measurement analysts, technicians, foreman, and supervisors to optimize the quality and accuracy of measurement data. This position will also require working with various support teams to ensure efficient delivery of requested information. Effective communication and organization skills are a must.
- Monitors incoming gas and liquid volumes daily to ensure data accuracy, utilizing FlowCal and SCADA software tools to investigate errors
- Ensures successful monthly closing meets deadlines, completes all required close tasks per outlined standard operating procedures and reports final monthly data to downstream services.
- Responsible for performing, reviewing and investigating daily, weekly, and monthly field balancing to identify and resolve pipeline and facility imbalances ensuring the most accurate measurement data is available for end of month accounting responsibilities.
- Troubleshoot and resolve data acquisition issues.
- Generate, analyze, review and distribute reports requested by internal teams for data evaluation or reporting procedures.
- Responsible for meter ID assignment, set-up and list maintenance within the FlowCal application.
- Trouble shoot data flow from field devices to measurement editing database.
- Responds to internal customer measurement data and audit requests
- Publish clear, concise, and timely communication on measurement data concerns
- Assist Measurement Supervisor with compiling data for internal audit and BLM data requests
- Work with third party companies to receive and input external data, as well as provide third party volume information as requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred) OR High School Diploma with 2 years of measurement / production / accounting / clerical / regulatory / audit / analyst experience.
- Exception based measurement oil and gas data editing experience in FlowCal version 8 or higher (preferred)
- Excellent verbal and written communication, teamwork, planning and organizational skills required.
- Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent document retention to meet audit requirements and long-term data collection requests required.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required
- Moderate computer skills in Microsoft Applications such as Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Visio and SharePoint
- Minimal field visit travel expected – not performing physical work
- Data Collection
- MS office
- Organisational Skills
- Problem Solving
If you are interested in this vacancy register your interest here.