Project Manager, Global Projects
REGISTER YOUR CV
We are currently recruiting for Project Manager, Global Projects for work based in North America
Interested Candidates MUST be eligible to work in the United States.
As a member of the Global Project Management Team, this position will manage projects and/or a portfolio of projects ranging from $10MM to over $100MM providing support to the organization up to and including execution.
- Manage capital projects and Global Projects portfolio of projects
- Manage all aspects of project(s) and provide HSE leadership
- Employ the company's Project Management Process in execution of capital projects
- Lead definition of project objectives, scope development, and front-end engineering in support of the project objectives
- Analyze and manage risk on projects
- Ability to gather information and develop a thorough understanding of the project, while providing strong leadership skills to lead a diverse team.
- Lead multi-discipline project management teams, including company and contract personnel, in resolution of technical and commercial issues
- Prepare and implement project execution plans
- Develop cost effective contracting strategies
- Accountable for project cost and schedule controls, project reporting
- Obtain funding for projects
- Routinely prepare and present project updates to senior management
- Direct company or contract project managers/engineers in supporting roles on Major Projects
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple tasks and projects effectively.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering
- 15+ years prior successful experience in the Chemical, Petrochemical or Refining industry managing and supporting major capital projects valued up to $100MM
- Demonstrated international project management experience and prior use of high value engineering centres a plus
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, demonstrated problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to gather information and develop a thorough understanding of the project, while providing strong leadership skills to lead a diverse cross-functional team is essential
- Demonstrated strong personal initiative, a sound planning and problem solving capacity, and effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- PE and/or PMP Certification a plus
- Self-starter, able work with minimal supervision
- May support plant during turnarounds familiarity with Capital Project Front End Loading, project controls, scheduling, value engineering, contracting and engineering and construction progress reporting
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with MS Office.
If you are interested in this vacancy register your interest here.