TANK FIELD CONSTRUCTION COORDINATOR
REGISTER YOUR CV
We are recruiting for a Tank Construction Coordinator to join one of our International Petrochemical Clients; this position is based in Billings, Montana.
Interested candidates MUST be eligible to work in the USA and if necessary be prepared to relocate to Billings, Montana
The Tank Field Coordinator helps plan and schedule tank projects and maintenance. This position also manages contractor/craft adherence to Client’s safety programs. This position reports to the Billings Tank Program Coordinator. The person in this position leads the mechanical field activities and makes daily adjustments to the plan based on progress and emergent work; manage, as a single point of contact, the execution of the projects in the field; and ensure activities are consistent with Client core values and aligned with the refinery goals. Helping to insure nobody gets hurt, especially on tank projects, is of utmost importance.
The Tank Field Coordinator may be responsible for:
- Overseeing the safety of all personnel assigned to the projects. Promoting a safety culture of “doing the right thing even when nobody is watching” and “follow all of the rules all of the time - because they keep people safe”.
- Driving continuous improvement through lessons learned (good catches) and Incident/Accident investigations and reporting and distribution.
- Ensuring all work is completed safely and efficiently and leads to a safe start-up and promised run cycle.
- Ensuring that safety expectations are established and adhered to by all workers on the project.
- Performing at least four field safety observations per month.
- Insuring there are robust Job Safety Execution Plans (JSEP) that are reviewed, approved, and adhered to for work inside tanks.
- Following regulatory compliances for tank work and adhere to environmental regulations.
- The Management of Change process for all projects.
- Providing guidance to tank personnel to ensure quality work for the defined scope.
- Field supervision and coordination for contractors and contract supervisors.
- Partnering with the Tank Program Coordinator to select contractors, determine crew size and promote good contractor/Company relationships
- Building effective relationships with others.
- Listening and seeking to understand others' points of views.
- Leading the mechanical field activities and making daily adjustments to the plan based on progress and emergent work.
- Coordinating work in the field with the many groups that are involved in tank work (contractors, craftsmen, operations, safety, environmental and staff agencies) to insure on-schedule and on-budget completion of assigned projects without injuries or environmental incidents.
- Planning ahead for upcoming tank work; ensure the work is coordinated and communicated in advance to all parties involved; ensure materials and equipment are ready in advance.
- Ordering and managing materials.
- Utilizing SAP for material ordering and planning work.
- Providing progress and schedule updates to the Tank Program Coordinator.
- Helping the Tank Program Coordinator monitor costs of the project to eliminate potential overruns.
- Understanding and applying the API 510,650/653 tank codes in the planning and execution of tank maintenance. Training will be provided if needed.
- Understanding engineering drawings and ensuring that work is completed in accordance with the drawings and specifications.
- Becoming familiar with client’s engineering standards related to tank work and ancillary systems.
- Looking for creative ways to solve problems.
- Working with Operations personnel and inspection to develop scope of work for tanks.
- Industry related certifications (e.g. CWI, API 650, 653, TES, NACE etc.). Training will be provided, if needed.
- Computer proficient (ability to perform the skill with limited assistance) with SAP, Outlook, Word, Microsoft Project and Excel.
- Participating in construction planning and scheduling meetings.
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5 + years’ experience as a Construction Coordinator with one and half to three years’ experience in major domestic or International capital project construction in the petroleum industry primarily in the area of site construction, fabrication, or installation.
- Preferred Qualifications and Skills are bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent training or education.
- Demonstrable technical competency.
- Second language (or aptitude for acquiring). Demonstrable interpersonal, teambuilding and team leading skills.
If you are interested in this vacancy register your interest here.